May I enter the national park?

A national park permit allows you to use the anchor buoys. This allows you to moor in the famous marine parks. In the areas of baths, caves and Indians and in Monkey Point, anchoring is forbidden in order to protect the sensitive reefs of the territory. The cost of a national park permit depends on the number of people in your group and varies from $ 25 per week for 4 people to $ 55 per week for 10 people.

What are the navigation restrictions?

Boat operation is permitted only between 7.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. Exceptions are indicated on the charts.

Is there a cruising tax?

All charterers sailing on BVI waters are obliged to obtain a so-called “Cruising Permit”. We will organise this for you before your trip. The costs depend on the number of persons. The cruise tax is $ 6 per person per day throughout the year.

What is VISAR?

The Virgin Islands Search and Rescue (VISAR) is a voluntary organisation dedicated to saving lives at sea. It is the officially recognised search and rescue service in the British Virgin Islands, operating daily in close cooperation with the Royal British Virgin Islands Police, Fire and Rescue Services. We ask $ 10 for each charter. The amount will be forwarded directly to VISAR.

Can I fish from the boat?

Yes! All our bareboats now have a fishing licence, so we can offer our guests fishing on board. Everyone over 18 who wishes to fish on the BVIs must have a fishing licence for recreational fishing. For more information on how to obtain fishing licences, please contact us.

Do I have to stay in the area or can I also leave the BVIs?

You are welcome to sail to St. Thomas or St. John as long as you pass through customs. However, if you wish to sail further away, you will need a permit from our General Manager, as VISAR is not responsible outside the area. It is also possible that you do not have mobile phone coverage on the telephone we provide. Your deductible will also be increased to $ 3000. If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you will need a B1/B2 visa to travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands on a private ship.